Date & Broad Bean Cake
For a vegan version, replace butter/shortening with 0.5-1dl of vegetable oil, and replace eggs with 1 tbsp psyllium.
- 1 packet of dates (250 g)
- 1 dl of sugar
- 3 dl of water
- 50-100 g of butter or shortening
- 1.5-2 dl of water (fluid for the broad beans)
- 2 eggs
- 3.5 dl broad bean flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- Boil the dates, sugar and 3 dl of water into a pulp.
- Add 50-100 g of butter or shortening, mix and allow to cool.
- Add eggs/psyllium and 1.5-2 dl of water to the date pulp.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (broad bean flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla sugar).
- Add the dry mixture to the pulp.
- Grease a baking tin with butter/oil and dust the pan with Voima Papu broad bean flour (you can also use breadcrumbs or sugar).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 170 degrees C.
Voima-Papu broad bean flour can be found on our online shop: Web Shop / Karviaistentila.fi